Definitions of imitation:
- noun: copying (or trying to copy) the actions of someone else
- noun: a copy that is represented as the original
- noun: the doctrine that representations of nature or human behavior should be accurate imitations
- noun: a representation of a person that is exaggerated for comic effect
- adjective: not genuine or real; being an imitation of the genuine article
Example: "Decorated with imitation palm leaves"
Search for imitation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse