Definitions of ideal:
- noun: the idea of something that is perfect; something that one hopes to attain
- noun: model of excellence or perfection of a kind; one having no equal
- adjective: conforming to an ultimate standard of perfection or excellence; embodying an ideal
- adjective: of or relating to the philosophical doctrine of the reality of ideas
- adjective: constituting or existing only in the form of an idea or mental image or conception
Example: "A poem or essay may be typical of its period in idea or ideal content"
Search for ideal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse