Synonyms / Related
Definitions of humor:
- noun: the trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous
Example: "She didn't appreciate my humor"
- noun: the quality of being funny
Example: "I fail to see the humor in it"
- noun: (Middle Ages) one of the four fluids in the body whose balance was believed to determine your emotional and physical state
Example: "The humors are blood and phlegm and yellow and black bile"
- noun: a message whose ingenuity or verbal skill or incongruity has the power to evoke laughter
- noun: a characteristic (habitual or relatively temporary) state of feeling
Example: "He was in a bad humor"
- noun: the liquid parts of the body
- verb: put into a good mood
Search for humor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...