Definitions of humble:
- verb: cause to be unpretentious
Example: "This experience will humble him"
- verb: cause to feel shame; hurt the pride of
- adjective: marked by meekness or modesty; not arrogant or prideful
Example: "A humble apology"
- adjective: used of unskilled work (especially domestic work)
- adjective: low or inferior in station or quality
Example: "A humble cottage"
- adjective: of low birth or station (`base' is archaic in this sense)
Example: "Of humble (or lowly) birth"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5779)
Search for humble at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse