Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of however:
- adverb: despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession)
Example: "Although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it"
- adverb: in whatever way or manner
Example: "Victory, however it was brought about, was sweet"
- adverb: to whatever degree or extent
Example: "The results, however general, are important"
- adverb: by contrast; on the other hand
Example: "The second, however, took hours"
- adverb: in what way or manner or by what means (`however' is sometimes used as an intensive form of `how')
Example: "However did you get here so soon?"
Search for however at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse