Definitions of hoop:
- noun: a rigid circular band of metal or wood or other material used for holding or fastening or hanging or pulling
Example: "There was still a rusty iron hoop for tying a horse"
- noun: a light curved skeleton to spread out a skirt
- noun: a small arch used as croquet equipment
- noun: horizontal hoop with a net through which players try to throw the basketball
- verb: bind or fasten with a hoop
Example: "Hoop vats"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #22959)
Search for hoop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse