Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of hood:
- noun: protective covering consisting of a metal part that covers the engine
Example: "There are powerful engines under the hoods of new cars"
- noun: a headdress that protects the head and face
- noun: the folding roof of a carriage
- noun: metal covering leading to a vent that exhausts smoke or fumes
- noun: an aggressive and violent young criminal
- verb: cover with a hood
Example: "The bandits were hooded"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4347 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #510)
Search for hood at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...