Definitions of homestead:
- noun: dwelling that is usually a farmhouse and adjoining land
- noun: land acquired from the United States public lands by filing a record and living on and cultivating it under the homestead law
- noun: the home and adjacent grounds occupied by a family
- verb: settle land given by the government and occupy it as a homestead
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #71895)
Search for homestead at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...