Definitions of hold up:
- verb: hold up something as an example; hold up one's achievements for admiration
- verb: rob at gunpoint or by means of some other threat
- verb: resist or withstand wear, criticism, etc.
Example: "Her shoes won't hold up"
- verb: cause to be slowed down or delayed
- verb: resist or confront with resistance
- verb: be the physical support of; carry the weight of
- verb: continue to live; endure or last
Search for hold up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse