Definitions of help:
- noun: a means of serving
Example: "There's no help for it"
- noun: a resource
- noun: a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
Example: "They hired additional help to finish the work"
- noun: the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
Example: "Offered his help in unloading"
- verb: give help or assistance; be of service
Example: "Everyone helped out during the earthquake"
- verb: contribute to the furtherance of
Example: "This money will help the development of literacy in developing countries"
- verb: be of use
Example: "This will help to prevent accidents"
- verb: improve the condition of
Example: "These pills will help the patient"
- verb: improve; change for the better
Example: "New slipcovers will help the old living room furniture"
- verb: abstain from doing; always used with a negative
Example: "I can't help myself--I have to smoke"
- verb: help to some food; help with food or drink
Example: "I served him three times, and after that he helped himself"
- verb: take or use
Example: "She helped herself to some of the office supplies"
Search for help at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse