Definitions of heavily:
- adverb: to a considerable degree
Example: "He relied heavily on others' data"
- adverb: indulging excessively
Example: "He drank heavily"
- adverb: in a manner designed for heavy duty
Example: "A heavily constructed car"
- adverb: in a heavy-footed manner
Example: "He walked heavily up the three flights to his room"
- adverb: with great force
Example: "She hit her arm heavily against the wall"
- adverb: slowly as if burdened by much weight
Search for heavily at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse