Definitions of heart:
- noun: a playing card in the major suit of hearts
Example: "He led the queen of hearts"
- noun: an inclination or tendency of a certain kind
Example: "He had a change of heart"
- noun: the courage to carry on
Example: "You haven't got the heart for baseball"
- noun: the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions pump blood through the body
Example: "He stood still, his heart thumping wildly"
- noun: the locus of feelings and intuitions
Example: "In your heart you know it is true"
- noun: a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal)
Example: "A five-pound beef heart will serve six"
- noun: a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines
Example: "He drew a heart and called it a valentine"
- noun: an area that is approximately central within some larger region
Example: "They ran forward into the heart of the struggle"
- noun: a positive feeling of liking
Example: "The child won everyone's heart"
- noun: the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience
Example: "The heart and soul of the Republican Party"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #19156)
Search for heart at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse