Definitions of hear:
- verb: receive a communication from someone
Example: "We heard nothing from our son for five years"
- verb: perceive (sound) via the auditory sense
- verb: examine or hear (evidence or a case) by judicial process
Example: "The jury had heard all the evidence"
- verb: listen and pay attention
Example: "We must hear the expert before we make a decision"
- verb: get to know or become aware of, usually accidentally
Search for hear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse