Definitions of header:
- noun: a headlong jump (or fall)
Example: "He took a header into the shrubbery"
- noun: (soccer) the act of hitting the ball with your head
- noun: a machine that cuts the heads off grain and moves them into a wagon
- noun: a framing member crossing and supporting the ends of joists, studs, or rafters so as to transfer their weight to parallel joists, studs, or rafters
- noun: brick that is laid sideways at the top of a wall
- noun: horizontal beam used as a finishing piece over a door or window
- noun: a line of text serving to indicate what the passage below it is about
Search for header at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse