Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of hatch:
- noun: a movable barrier covering a hatchway
- noun: shading consisting of multiple crossing lines
- noun: the production of young from an egg
- verb: emerge from the eggs
Example: "Young birds, fish, and reptiles hatch"
- verb: draw, cut, or engrave lines, usually parallel, on metal, wood, or paper
Example: "Hatch the sheet"
- verb: inlay with narrow strips or lines of a different substance such as gold or silver, for the purpose of decorating
- verb: sit on (eggs)
- verb: devise or invent
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 11111 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1304)
Search for hatch at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse