Definitions of harness:
- noun: stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart
- noun: a support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute)
- verb: control and direct with or as if by reins
- verb: exploit the power of
Example: "Harness natural forces and resources"
- verb: put a harness
Example: "Harness the horse"
- verb: keep in check
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3351)
Search for harness at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse