Definitions of harbor:
- noun: a place of refuge and comfort and security
- noun: a sheltered port where ships can take on or discharge cargo
- verb: hold back a thought or feeling about
Example: "She is harboring a grudge against him"
- verb: keep in one's possession; of animals
- verb: secretly shelter (as of fugitives or criminals)
- verb: maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
Example: "Harbor a resentment"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18193)
Search for harbor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse