Write a poem about the vaccine to earn money for your community.
Definitions of hang:
- noun: a gymnastic exercise performed on the rings or horizontal bar or parallel bars when the gymnast's weight is supported by the arms
- noun: the way a garment hangs
Example: "He adjusted the hang of his coat"
- noun: a special way of doing something
Example: "He couldn't get the hang of it"
- verb: kill by hanging
Example: "The murdered was hanged on Friday"
- verb: prevent from reaching a verdict, of a jury
- verb: be menacing, burdensome, or oppressive
Example: "This worry hangs on my mind"
- verb: be exhibited
Example: "Picasso hangs in this new wing of the museum"
- verb: cause to be hanging or suspended
Example: "Hang that picture on the wall"
- verb: place in position as by a hinge so as to allow free movement in one direction
Example: "Hang a door"
- verb: be placed in position as by a hinge
Example: "This cabinet door doesn't hang right!"
- verb: be suspended or poised
- verb: be suspended or hanging
- verb: fall or flow in a certain way
Example: "This dress hangs well"
- verb: decorate or furnish with something suspended
Example: "Hang wallpaper"
- verb: let drop or droop
Example: "Hang one's head in shame"
- verb: of meat, in order to get a gamey taste
Example: "Hang the venison for a few days"
- verb: give heed (to)
- verb: hold on tightly or tenaciously
Example: "Hang on to your father's hands"
- name: A female given name (rare: 1 in 100000 females; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3171)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #6599)
Search for hang at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2021 Datamuse