Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of hall:
- noun: a large building for meetings or entertainment
- noun: a large room for gatherings or entertainment
Example: "Lecture hall"
- noun: a large building used by a college or university for teaching or research
Example: "Halls of learning"
- noun: United States astronomer who discovered Phobos and Deimos (the two satellites of Mars) (1829-1907)
- noun: United States explorer who led three expeditions to the Arctic (1821-1871)
- noun: United States chemist who developed an economical method of producing aluminum from bauxite (1863-1914)
- noun: United States child psychologist whose theories of child psychology strongly influenced educational psychology (1844-1924)
- noun: English writer whose novel about a lesbian relationship was banned in Britain for many years (1883-1943)
- noun: an interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open
Example: "The elevators were at the end of the hall"
- noun: the large room of a manor or castle
- noun: a large entrance or reception room or area
- noun: a college or university building containing living quarters for students
- noun: a large and imposing house
- name: A surname (very common: 1 in 500 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #26)
Search for hall at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse