Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Hale:
- noun: prolific United States writer (1822-1909)
- noun: United States astronomer who discovered that sunspots are associated with strong magnetic fields (1868-1938)
- noun: a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British; his last words were supposed to have been `I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country' (1755-1776)
- verb: to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"
- verb: draw slowly or heavily
- adjective: exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health
Example: "Hale and hearty"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 2702 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #296)
Search for Hale at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...