Definitions of grumble:
- noun: a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
- noun: a loud low dull continuous noise
- verb: to utter or emit low dull rumbling sounds
Example: "He grumbled a rude response"
- verb: make a low noise
- verb: show one's unhappiness or critical attitude
Example: "We grumbled about the increased work load"
- verb: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
Example: "She grumbles when she feels overworked"
Search for grumble at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse