Definitions of groom:
- noun: a man who has recently been married
- noun: a man participant in his own marriage ceremony
- noun: someone employed in a stable to take care of the horses
- verb: care for one's external appearance
Example: "He is always well-groomed"
- verb: prepare (someone) for a future role or function
Example: "He is grooming his son to become his successor"
- verb: give a neat appearance to
Example: "Groom the dogs"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #5545)
Search for groom at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse