Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Grey:
- noun: Englishman who as Prime minister implemented social reforms including the abolition of slavery throughout the British Empire (1764-1845)
- noun: Queen of England for nine days in 1553; she was quickly replaced by Mary Tudor and beheaded for treason (1537-1554)
- noun: United States writer of western adventure novels (1875-1939)
- noun: gray clothing
- noun: any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are gray
- noun: a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- verb: turn gray
- verb: make gray
Example: "The painter decided to grey the sky"
- adjective: used to signify the Confederate forces in the Civil War (who wore gray uniforms)
- adjective: showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair
- adjective: an achromatic color of any lightness between the extremes of black and white
- adjective: intermediate in character or position
- adjective: darkened with overcast
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #2782)
Search for Grey at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse