Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Lyrics and poems
Definitions of green:
- noun: the property of being green; resembling the color of growing grass
- noun: an area of closely cropped grass surrounding the hole on a golf course
Example: "The ball rolled across the green and into the trap"
- noun: a river that rises in western Wyoming and flows southward through Utah to become a tributary of the Colorado River
- noun: an environmentalist who belongs to the Green Party
- noun: United States labor leader who was president of the American Federation of Labor from 1924 to 1952 and who led the struggle with the Congress of Industrial Organizations (1873-1952)
- noun: any of various leafy plants or their leaves and stems eaten as vegetables
- noun: a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
- noun: street names for ketamine
- verb: turn or become green
Example: "The trees are greening"
- adjective: not fully developed or mature; not ripe
Example: "Fried green tomatoes"
- adjective: looking pale and unhealthy
Example: "You're looking green"
- adjective: concerned with or supporting or in conformity with the political principles of the Green Party
- adjective: similar to the color of fresh grass
Example: "A green tree"
- adjective: naive and easily deceived or tricked
- name: A surname (very common: 1 in 546 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #35)
Search for green at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for green (New!)
RhymeZone turns 20: Read about our new features
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse