Definitions of grade:
- noun: a variety of cattle produced by crossbreeding with a superior breed
- noun: the gradient of a slope or road or other surface
Example: "The road had a steep grade"
- noun: the height of the ground on which something stands
Example: "The base of the tower was below grade"
- noun: a degree of ablaut
- noun: a relative position or degree of value in a graded group
Example: "Lumber of the highest grade"
- noun: a position on a scale of intensity or amount or quality
- noun: a number or letter indicating quality (especially of a student's performance)
Example: "Grade A milk"
- noun: one-hundredth of a right angle
- noun: a body of students who are taught together
- verb: determine the grade of or assign a grade to
- verb: assign a grade or rank to, according to one's evaluation
Example: "Grade tests"
- verb: level to the right gradient
- verb: assign a rank or rating to
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #51581)
Search for grade at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse