Definitions of grab:
- noun: a mechanical device for gripping an object
- noun: the act of catching an object with the hands
Example: "He made a grab for the ball before it landed"
- verb: make a grasping or snatching motion with the hand
Example: "The passenger grabbed for the oxygen mask"
- verb: obtain illegally or unscrupulously
Example: "Grab power"
- verb: capture the attention or imagination of
Example: "This story will grab you"
- verb: take or grasp suddenly
Example: "She grabbed the child's hand and ran out of the room"
- verb: take hold of so as to seize or restrain or stop the motion of
Example: "Grab the elevator door!"
- verb: get hold of or seize quickly and easily
Search for grab at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse