Superhero couplet contest: Win $50 for you and a charity of your choice
Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of good:
- noun: moral excellence or admirableness
Example: "There is much good to be found in people"
- noun: that which is good or valuable or useful
Example: "Weigh the good against the bad"
- noun: benefit
Example: "For your own good"
- adjective: appealing to the mind
Example: "Good music"
- adjective: agreeable or pleasing
Example: "We all had a good time"
- adjective: most suitable or right for a particular purpose
Example: "A good time to plant tomatoes"
- adjective: capable of pleasing
Example: "Good looks"
- adjective: of moral excellence
Example: "A genuinely good person"
- adjective: thorough
Example: "Had a good workout"
- adjective: generally admired
Example: "Good taste"
- adjective: resulting favorably
Example: "Its a good thing that I wasn't there"
- adjective: not left to spoil
Example: "The meat is still good"
- adjective: not forged
Example: "A good dollar bill"
- adjective: having desirable or positive qualities especially those suitable for a thing specified
Example: "Good news from the hospital"
- adjective: morally admirable
- adjective: in excellent physical condition
Example: "Good teeth"
- adjective: deserving of esteem and respect
Example: "Ruined the family's good name"
- adjective: financially sound
Example: "A good investment"
- adjective: superior to the average
Example: "Made good grades"
- adjective: promoting or enhancing well-being
Example: "The experience was good for her"
- adjective: having the normally expected amount
Example: "Gives good measure"
- adjective: having or showing or arising from a desire to promote the welfare or happiness of others
- adjective: with or in a close or intimate relationship
Example: "A good friend"
- adjective: exerting force or influence
Example: "A warranty good for two years"
- adjective: tending to promote physical well-being; beneficial to health
Example: "A good night's sleep"
- adjective: having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
Example: "A good mechanic"
- adverb: (often used as a combining form) in a good or proper or satisfactory manner or to a high standard (`good' is a nonstandard dialectal variant for `well')
Example: "The baby can walk pretty good"
- adverb: in a complete and thorough manner (`good' is sometimes used informally for `thoroughly')
Example: "We beat him good"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 7692 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #951)
Search for good at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse