Definitions of gold:
- noun: something likened to the metal in brightness or preciousness or superiority etc.
Example: "The child was as good as gold"
- noun: great wealth
Example: "Whilst that for which all virtue now is sold, and almost every vice--almighty gold--Ben Jonson"
- noun: coins made of gold
- noun: a soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element; occurs mainly as nuggets in rocks and alluvial deposits; does not react with most chemicals but is attacked by chlorine and aqua regia
- noun: a deep yellow color
Example: "He admired the gold of her hair"
- adjective: made from or covered with gold
Example: "Gold coins"
- adjective: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
Example: "Long aureate (or golden) hair"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 16666 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1984)
Search for gold at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse