Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of get up:
- verb: get up and out of bed
Example: "I get up at 7 A.M. every day"
- verb: cause to rise
- verb: put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
- verb: develop
- verb: raise from a lower to a higher position
- verb: rise to one's feet
- verb: arrange by systematic planning and united effort
- verb: study intensively, as before an exam
Search for get up at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...