Definitions of get down:
- verb: take the first step or steps in carrying out an action
Example: "Let's get down to work now"
- verb: lower (one's body) as by kneeling
Example: "Get down on your knees!"
- verb: pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking
- verb: put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- verb: lower someone's spirits; make downhearted
- verb: move something or somebody to a lower position
- verb: get off (a horse)
Search for get down at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse