Definitions of gentle:
- verb: stroke soothingly
- verb: give a title to someone; make someone a member of the nobility
- verb: cause to be more favorably inclined; gain the good will of
- adjective: having or showing a kindly or tender nature
Example: "The gentle touch of her hand"
- adjective: quiet and soothing
Example: "A gentle voice"
- adjective: soft and mild; not harsh or stern or severe
Example: "A gentle reprimand"
- adjective: having little impact
Example: "Gentle rain"
- adjective: easily handled or managed
Example: "A gentle old horse, docile and obedient"
- adjective: marked by moderate steepness
Example: "A gentle slope"
- adjective: belonging to or characteristic of the nobility or aristocracy
Example: "Of gentle blood"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #10354)
Search for gentle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse