Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of gear:
- noun: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion
- noun: equipment consisting of miscellaneous articles needed for a particular operation or sport etc.
- noun: a mechanism for transmitting motion by gears for some specific purpose (as the steering gear of a vehicle)
- verb: set the level or character of
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #26561)
Search for gear at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...