Definitions of gallop:
- noun: a fast gait of a horse; a two-beat stride during which all four legs are off the ground simultaneously
- verb: ride at a galloping pace
Example: "He was galloping down the road"
- verb: cause to move at full gallop
Example: "Did you gallop the horse just now?"
- verb: go at galloping speed
Example: "The horse was galloping along"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13522)
Search for gallop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia