Definitions of gall:
- noun: abnormal swelling of plant tissue caused by insects or microorganisms or injury
- noun: a skin sore caused by chafing
- noun: the trait of being rude and impertinent; inclined to take liberties
- noun: a digestive juice secreted by the liver and stored in the gallbladder; aids in the digestion of fats
- noun: an open sore on the back of a horse caused by ill-fitting or badly adjusted saddle
- noun: a feeling of deep and bitter anger and ill-will
- verb: irritate or vex
Example: "It galls me that we lost the suit"
- verb: become or make sore by or as if by rubbing
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 50000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4938)
Search for gall at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse