Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of functional:
- adjective: designed for or adapted to a function or use
Example: "Functional education selects knowledge that is concrete and usable rather than abstract and theoretical"
- adjective: fit or ready for use or service
Example: "The toaster was still functional even after being dropped"
- adjective: relating to or based on function especially as opposed to structure
Example: "It is a functional one"
- adjective: designed for or capable of a particular function or use
Example: "A style of writing in which every word is functional"
- adjective: involving or affecting function rather than physiology
Example: "Functional deafness"
- adjective: (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing
Example: "A functional set of brakes"
Search for functional at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...