Definitions of Frost:
- noun: United States poet famous for his lyrical poems on country life in New England (1874-1963)
- noun: the formation of frost or ice on a surface
- noun: ice crystals forming a white deposit (especially on objects outside)
- noun: weather cold enough to cause freezing
- verb: cover with frost
Example: "Ice crystals frosted the glass"
- verb: provide with a rough or speckled surface or appearance
Example: "Frost the glass"
- verb: decorate with frosting
Example: "Frost a cake"
- verb: damage by frost
Example: "The icy precipitation frosted the flowers and athey turned brown"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 6250 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #728)
Search for Frost at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse