Definitions of front:
- noun: the side that is seen or that goes first
- noun: the outward appearance of a person
Example: "He put up a bold front"
- noun: the side that is forward or prominent
- noun: the part of something that is nearest to the normal viewer
Example: "He walked to the front of the stage"
- noun: (meteorology) the atmospheric phenomenon created at the boundary between two different air masses
- noun: a sphere of activity involving effort
Example: "The Japanese were active last week on the diplomatic front"
- noun: the line along which opposing armies face each other
- noun: the immediate proximity of someone or something
Example: "He was well behaved in front of company"
- noun: a person used as a cover for some questionable activity
- noun: a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals
Example: "He led the national liberation front"
- verb: be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to
- verb: confront bodily
Search for front at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse