Definitions of formula:
- noun: a group of symbols that make a mathematical statement
- noun: a conventionalized statement expressing some fundamental principle
- noun: a representation of a substance using symbols for its constituent elements
- noun: a liquid food for infants
- noun: (mathematics) a standard procedure for solving a class of mathematical problems
Example: "He gave us a general formula for attacking polynomials"
- noun: directions for making something
- noun: something regarded as a normative example
Example: "His formula for impressing visitors"
Search for formula at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse