Definitions of fork:
- noun: cutlery used for serving and eating food
- noun: an agricultural tool used for lifting or digging; has a handle and metal prongs
- noun: the angle formed by the inner sides of the legs where they join the human trunk
- noun: a part of a forked or branching shape
Example: "They took the south fork"
- noun: the act of branching out or dividing into branches
- verb: place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces
- verb: shape like a fork
Example: "She forked her fingers"
- verb: lift with a pitchfork
Example: "Pitchfork hay"
- verb: divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork
Example: "The road forks"
Search for fork at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse