Definitions of forge:
- noun: a workplace where metal is worked by heating and hammering
- noun: furnace consisting of a special hearth where metal is heated before shaping
- verb: make a copy of with the intent to deceive
Example: "She forged a Green Card"
- verb: create by hammering
Example: "Forge a pair of tongues"
- verb: move or act with a sudden increase in speed or energy
- verb: move ahead steadily
Example: "He forged ahead"
- verb: make out of components (often in an improvising manner)
- verb: come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or priciple) after a mental effort
- verb: make something, usually for a specific function
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #38013)
Search for forge at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse