Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of flush:
- noun: a sudden rapid flow (as of water)
Example: "He heard the flush of a toilet"
- noun: a poker hand with all 5 cards in the same suit
- noun: sudden reddening of the face (as from embarrassment or guilt or shame or modesty)
- noun: sudden brief sensation of heat (associated with menopause and some mental disorders)
- noun: a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
- noun: the swift release of a store of affective force
- noun: the period of greatest prosperity or productivity
- verb: cause to flow or flood with or as if with water
Example: "Flush the meadows"
- verb: flow freely
Example: "The garbage flushed down the river"
- verb: rinse, clean, or empty with a liquid
Example: "Flush the wound with antibiotics"
- verb: make level or straight
- verb: irrigate with water from a sluice
- verb: turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame
- verb: polish and make shiny
- adjective: having an abundant supply of money or possessions of value
Example: "A speculator flush with cash"
- adverb: squarely or solidly
Example: "Hit him flush in the face"
- adverb: in the same plane
Example: "Set it flush with the top of the table"
Search for flush at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse