Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of fluid:
- noun: a continuous amorphous substance that tends to flow and to conform to the outline of its container: a liquid or a gas
- noun: a substance that is fluid at room temperature and pressure
- adjective: characteristic of a fluid; capable of flowing and easily changing shape
- adjective: subject to change; variable
Example: "A fluid situation fraught with uncertainty"
- adjective: affording change (especially in social status)
Example: "Britain is not a truly fluid society"
- adjective: in cash or easily convertible to cash
Example: "Liquid (or fluid) assets"
- adjective: smooth and unconstrained in movement
Example: "The fluid motion of a cat"
Search for fluid at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for fluid (New!)