Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of flow:
- noun: the act of flowing or streaming; continuous progression
- noun: the motion characteristic of fluids (liquids or gases)
- noun: any uninterrupted stream or discharge
- noun: the amount of fluid that flows in a given time
- noun: dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas
Example: "The flow of thought"
- noun: something that resembles a flowing stream in moving continuously
Example: "The museum had planned carefully for the flow of visitors"
- noun: the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause
Example: "The semen begins to appear in males and to be emitted at the same time of life that the catamenia begin to flow in females--Aristotle"
- verb: move or progress freely as if in a stream
Example: "The crowd flowed out of the stadium"
- verb: cause to flow
Example: "The artist flowed the washes on the paper"
- verb: cover or swamp with water
- verb: be abundantly present
Example: "The champagne flowed at the wedding"
- verb: move along, of liquids
Example: "Water flowed into the cave"
- verb: undergo menstruation
- verb: fall or flow in a certain way
Example: "Her long black hair flowed down her back"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #57267)
Search for flow at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse