Definitions of flop:
- noun: the act of throwing yourself down
Example: "He landed on the bed with a great flop"
- noun: a complete failure
Example: "The play was a dismal flop"
- noun: someone who is unsuccessful
- noun: an arithmetic operation performed on floating-point numbers
Example: "This computer can perform a million flops per second"
- verb: fall suddenly and abruptly
- verb: fall loosely
Example: "He flopped into a chair"
- verb: fail utterly; collapse
- adverb: with a flopping sound
Example: "He tumbled flop into the mud"
- adverb: exactly
Example: "He fell flop on his face"
Search for flop at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse