Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of floor:
- noun: the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room or hallway)
Example: "They needed rugs to cover the bare floors"
- noun: structure consisting of a room or set of rooms comprising a single level of a multilevel building
- noun: a large room in a stock exchange where the trading is done
Example: "He is a floor trader"
- noun: the legislative hall where members debate and vote and conduct other business
Example: "There was a motion from the floor"
- noun: the parliamentary right to address an assembly
Example: "The chairman granted him the floor"
- noun: a lower limit
Example: "The government established a wage floor"
- noun: the occupants of a floor
Example: "The whole floor complained about the lack of heat"
- noun: the bottom surface of any a cave or lake etc.
- noun: the ground on which people and animals move about
Example: "The fire spared the forest floor"
- verb: surprise greatly; knock someone's socks off
Example: "I was floored when I heard that I was promoted"
- verb: knock down with force
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #35838)
Search for floor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Tip: Use RhymeZone to brainstorm synonyms and related words!
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse