Synonyms / Related
Definitions of flight:
- noun: a scheduled trip by plane between designated airports
Example: "I took the noon flight to Chicago"
- noun: an instance of traveling by air
- noun: a stairway (set of steps) between one floor or landing and the next
- noun: passing above and beyond ordinary bounds
Example: "A flight of fancy"
- noun: an air force unit smaller than a squadron
- noun: a formation of aircraft in flight
- noun: a flock of flying birds
- noun: the act of escaping physically
Example: "His flight was an indication of his guilt"
- noun: the path followed by an object moving through space
- verb: shoot a bird in flight
- verb: fly in a flock
Example: "Flighting wild geese"
- verb: decorate with feathers
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #29010)
Search for flight at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...