Definitions of fixed:
- adjective: fixed and unmoving
Example: "With eyes set in a fixed glassy stare"
- adjective: incapable of being changed or moved or undone
Example: "Living on fixed incomes"
- adjective: directed with intense concentration
Example: "A fixed stare"
- adjective: (of a number) having a fixed and unchanging value
- adjective: securely placed or fastened or set
Example: "A fixed piece of wood"
- adjective: specified in advance
- adjective: not increasing as the amount taxed increases
- adjective: intent and directed steadily
Example: "A fixed expresson"
- adjective: mended or put in working order
Example: "The broken lock is now fixed"
Search for fixed at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse