Definitions of fitting:
- noun: trying on clothes to see whether they fit
- noun: a small and often standardized accessory to a larger system
- noun: (usually plural) furnishings and equipment (especially for a ship or hotel)
- noun: making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- adjective: being precisely fitting and right
- adjective: in harmony with the spirit of particular persons or occasion
Example: "We have come to dedicate a portion of that field...It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #15516)
Search for fitting at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse