Definitions of fit:
- noun: the manner in which something fits
Example: "I admired the fit of her coat"
- noun: a display of bad temper
Example: "He had a fit"
- noun: a sudden flurry of activity (often for no obvious reason)
Example: "A fit of housecleaning"
- noun: a sudden uncontrollable attack
Example: "A fit of coughing"
- verb: be the right size or shape; fit correctly or as desired
Example: "This piece won't fit into the puzzle"
- verb: conform to some shape or size
Example: "How does this shirt fit?"
- verb: insert or adjust several objects or people
Example: "Can you fit the toy into the box?"
- verb: make fit
Example: "Fit a dress"
- verb: provide with (something) usually for a specific purpose
- verb: be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- verb: satisfy a condition or restriction
- verb: make correspond or harmonize
- verb: be agreeable or acceptable to
- adjective: physically and mentally sound or healthy
Example: "Felt relaxed and fit after their holiday"
- adjective: meeting adequate standards for a purpose
Example: "A fit subject for discussion"
Search for fit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse