Lyrics and poems
Definitions of firm:
- noun: members of a business organization that owns or operates one or more establishments
- verb: make taut or tauter
- verb: become taut or tauter
Example: "Yur muscles will firm when you exercise regularly"
- adjective: marked by firm determination or resolution; not shakable
Example: "Firm convictions"
- adjective: not subject to revision or change
Example: "A firm contract"
- adjective: not liable to fluctuate or especially to fall
Example: "Stocks are still firm"
- adjective: (of especially a person's physical features) not shaking or trembling
Example: "His voice was firm and confident"
- adjective: strong and sure
Example: "A firm grasp"
- adjective: unwavering in devotion to friend or vow or cause
Example: "A firm ally"
- adjective: not soft or yielding to pressure
Example: "A firm mattress"
- adjective: marked by the tone and resiliency of healthy tissue
Example: "Firm muscles"
- adjective: securely established
Example: "Holds a firm position as the country's leading poet"
- adjective: securely fixed in place
Example: "The post was still firm after being hit by the car"
- adjective: pleasingly firm and fresh and making a crunching noise when chewed
Example: "A firm apple"
- adverb: with resolute determination
Example: "We firmly believed it"
Search for firm at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for firm (New!)
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse